Use The News Funnel Discount and Save 25%: 25TNF
Registration & Networking Breakfast
Breakfast Hosted by:
- Chris Mellen, 2016 President, IREM
9:00 AM – General Session
Morning Keynote: You’re Not in the Real Estate Business, You’re in the Technology Business
- John Gilbert, EVP & COO, Rudin Management
9:40 AM – General Session
The Second Wave: How a New Breed of Innovation will Reshape the CRE Industry Over the Next 5 Years
- Brandon Weber, Founder & CEO, Hightower
9:50 AM – General Session
At the Summit: Asset & Property Management Challenges in 2016
- How are the national and global economic jitters affecting the outlook for managers?
- What key public policy challenges are operations executives facing today?
- Which innovations and tenant demand changes are driving change in the industry?
- Where are owners getting the best ROI on their capital expenditure dollars?
- David Gubbay, Director, Business Credentialing Services
- Elizabeth Majkowski, Senior Vice President, SL Green
- Theresa Morzello, Managing Director, CBRE
- Sukanya Paciorek, Executive Vice President, Brooklyn Navy Yards Development Corp.
- Scott Sidman, Senior Vice President, Building Engines
11:10 AM – Concurrent Session A
1 to 5 Stars: Reputation Management & Social Media
- How are office and multifamily tenant attraction and retention affected by online commentary?
- What are the best practices for developing your own online social presence?
- When and how should you engage with detractors and promoters of your properties?
- In what ways can you prevent damaging reputation issues from arising?
- Zach Goldman, Managing Principal & Director – Operations, TGM Associates
- Jamie Gorski, Chief Marketing Officer, The Bozzuto Group
- Darnell Holloway, Director – Business Outreach, Yelp
11:10 AM – Concurrent Session B
Real Estate 3.0: Tech Innovations and Trends You Need to Know
From these four talks, you will learn to better manage your portfolio of tenants and leases, improve lease up and renewal, make tenants happier, address key questions about cybersecurity and more efficiently manage your capital improvement projects. These talks are designed to inspire and most importantly deliver key ideas for running your building operations and portfolio better.
- Sandy Jacolow, Chief Information Officer, Silverstein Properties
- Riggs Kubiak, Co-Founder & CEO, Honest Buildings
- Alo Mukerji, Vice President – Product, Buildium
- Nick Romito, Founder & CEO, VTS
12:05 PM – Concurrent Session A
Midas Touch: Adding Value to your Properties
- What are the best practices for energy retrofitting today?
- How can managers create (and capture) more value through wellness upgrades?
- What are the best practices for managing properties through a renovation?
- How can you create value through better financial and risk management?
- James Hannah, Director – Client Energy Services, Bright Power
- Edward LaGrassa, Senior Asset Management Advisor, Carlyle
- Douglas Lawrence, Managing Principal, 5 Stone Green Capital
- Sara Queen, EVP – Asset Management, Brookfield Properties
- George Stefan, Director – Engineering Services, TIAA-CREF
12:05 PM – Concurrent Session B
Back to Basics: Strategies for Hiring and Retaining Good People
Technology is important to your work and career, but systems are only as useful as the people who work with them. In this session, comprised of 4 talks, we go back to basics and look at how to address the core issues around people: finding, hiring, training, re-training and retaining good people.
- Julie Zuraw, Chief Operation Officer, Argo Real Estate
12:05 PM – Concurrent Session C
Will New Financial Regulations Alter Tenant Behavior?
Public and private companies with significant leases will be greatly impacted by new accounting standards expected to be released soon. Because the standards will change the way leases will be recorded on company balance sheets, tenant behavior is expected to change causing significant impact to property owners.
- How will tenants’ preferences for lease terms fundamentally change?
- In what ways will tenants’ existing loan convenants and eligibility for financing change?
- How will large users of space view expansion plans or rethink how they currently incur lease liabilities?
- To what degree will tenants’ find that purchasing buildings or office / retail condos makes more sense?
Led by Berdon LLP’s Seth Molod, CPA, this session explores and explains the far-reaching ramifications of these new lease standards on tenants and how the changes could ultimately affect landlords and asset managers.
- Seth Molod, Real Estate Partner, Berdon
1:15 – 1:45 PM – Lunch Workshop
Maximize ROI & Increase Cap Rates: Specialty Tax Credits & Energy Incentives
- Michael D’Onofrio, Managing Director, Engineered Tax Services
1:55 PM – General Session
Active Shooter: What You and Your Tenants Need to Know
- Kathleen Thompson, Detective 1st Grade, New York City Police Department
2:15 PM – General Session
Afternoon Keynote: Today’s Mergers & Acquisitions: How they Affect You and Your Future
- Joseph Stettinius, Chief Executive of the Americas, Cushman & Wakefield
3:00 PM – Cocktail Reception