Last Updated on May 25, 2018
This policy sets out how we handle your personal information if you’re a News Funnel user or visitor to our Sites. It applies across The News Funnel, The Content Funnel and CREtech.
When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘The News Funnel’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the Sites.
What this policy covers
- Your consent
- What information we collect about you
- Where do we store your information?
- What do we use your information for?
- How do we protect your information?
- How long do we keep your information?
By using our site, in subscribing to our service, or filling in a contact form on our website or other sites owned by The News Funnel, you agree and accept that we process, store and use the personal data submitted in accordance with the rules set forth below. In case you want your personal data removed permanently, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information we collect about you
- Account and payment information: We collect information about you when you register for an account for one of our Sites, like usernames, member names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, payment information such as payment agent details and transactional details.
- Information you provide through our products: This includes our Sites’ products, where we collect and store content that you create, store, and share. This content includes any information about you that you may choose to include. Examples of content we collect include: press releases you upload to our Sites, videos that you upload to our Sites.
- Website visitors: If you are one of our website visitors, we may collect non-personally-identifying information such as the browser type you are using, the referring site and date and time of each visit. We collect information when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form.
- Third party providers: Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular: third party service providers (like Google, Facebook), which may provide information about you when you link, connect, or login to your account with the third party provider and they send us information such as your registration and profile from that service,
What do we use your information for?
Please note that your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent.
- To verify your identity: Your information helps to verify your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites.
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs and provide you with services described on the Sites.
- To improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: Your information allows us to process transactions that you approve.
- To send emails: The email address you provide will be used to send you newsletters that you opt in for, promotional information we think might be useful to you, occasional updates from our sponsors and all other email communications where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our email lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us). You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” function provided in the communication itself.
- Monitoring activity on the Sites: To identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites;
How do we protect your information?
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
How long do we keep your information?
- Account information: We retain your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Services.
- Information you share on our products: If your account is deactivated or disabled, some of your information and the content you have provided will remain in order to allow your team members or other users to make full use of our products. For example, we continue to display comments you created.
- Marketing information: If you have chosen to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our products, such as when you last opened an email from us or signed in to your account.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Your information is controlled by The News Funnel, LLC.
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry to email@example.com.