SIOR Elects 2018 Officers
The Society of Industrial and Office Realtors® (SIOR) recently elected its 2018 officers during its Spring World Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana. The new officers will be installed at the outset of the SIOR Fall World Conference in Chicago in October.
SIOR's current President-Elect, Del Markward, SIOR, Allentown, PA, will assume office as SIOR President. The current Vice President, Robert Thornburgh, SIOR, CCIM, CPM, Long Beach, CA, will become President-Elect.
Mark Duclos, SIOR, Hartford, CT, has been elected as SIOR's Vice President. After serving a one-year term as Vice President, Duclos will serve as President-elect for a year and then step into the Presidency of SIOR in the fall of 2019.
The following SIOR members were elected to serve on SIOR’s Board of Directors as Members-at-Large:
- R. Conrad Bernard, SIOR, Houston, TX
- Jeff Johnson, SIOR, CCIM, Spokane, WA
- David Lockwood, SIOR, CCIM, Columbia, SC
- Patricia Loveall, SIOR, Seattle, WA
The following members were also elected to serve as Regional Directors for a two-year term:
- Canada Region: Gilbert Gordon, SIOR, Mississauga, ON
- Great Lakes Region: Christopher Curtis, SIOR, Kankakee, IL
- Northeast Region: Frank Hird, SIOR, Branford, CT
- South Region: Jeff Wilke, SIOR, CCIM, LEED AP, New Orleans, LA
- West Region: Taber Thill, SIOR, Las Vegas, NV
In addition, Jack Whalen, SIOR, CPA, Commerce, CA was re-elected to serve a two-year term as Treasurer.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the SOCIETY OF INDUSTRIAL AND OFFICE REALTORS (SIOR, www.sior.com) is a global professional organization that certifies commercial real estate service providers with the exclusive SIOR designation. Individuals who earn their SIOR designation adhere to the highest levels of accountability and ethical standards. Only the industry’s top professionals qualify for the SIOR designation. Today, there are nearly 3,100 SIOR members in 630 cities in 34 countries.