REALNEX WEBINAR EXAMINES COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICES
Blue Ribbon CRE Social Media Panel Participates in Exclusive Webinar Hosted By Tech Leader
June 5, 2015 – RealNex, the new technology company that brings together an integrated suite of market-leading solutions for the real estate industry formed last year by Pavonis Group, recently hosted a free webinar on a May 12th that focused on how to maximize marketing and sales in a changing social media world. A recording of the webinar is available here:
Hosted by Matthew Smith, Vice President of Business Development for RealNex, the hour-long webinar featured a panel of some of the commercial real estate industry’s most recognized leaders in social media marketing, including:
- Linda Day Harrison president and founder of The Broker List
- Barbi Reuter, COO of Picor Cushman & Wakefield
- James R. Milner III, CCIM, President of Appalachian Commercial Real Estate
- Allen C. Buchanan, principal, Lee and Associates
- Rod N. Santomassimo, founder and president of The Massimo Group
- Bo Barron, former VP of Organizational Development for Sperry Van Ness and currently a coach at The Massimo Group
- Howard Kline, host of the weekly Commercial Real Estate online radio show
Several hundred industry professionals from across the country dialed in to hear the panel confer on how social media is more than a way to inform customers or users, it’s a means of building a brand online. Social media is also similar to content marketing where you need to bring the audience to you: you have to give them something they want to hear and read.
Among the highlights of the discussion:
- According to Linda Harrison, social media is used most effectively when a user’s profile leads people somewhere. Harrison wants users to link their content to profiles and suggests that people share interests on sites like LinkedIn to attract visitors to their profiles.
- There is a differentiation between when and where you promote yourself vs. a brand or company on social media, according to Barbi Reuter. Reuter notes that there is a strong need to engage with a person rather than a brand in order to make things personal. The idea is to build relationships and thought leadership on social media in association with brand identity.
- Bo Barron talked about the need to be laser specific in demonstrating your expertise to a defined audience. This audience will continue to come back if you provide great content of value.
- Allen C. Buchanan discussed social media as an expansion of hyper local community newspapers. Buchanan thinks social media content should keep people’s attention enough to stay and read more.
“It’s clear that social media is here to stay and commercial real estate professionals are continuing to try and wrap their collective arms around it. This webinar offered the kind of insight and marketing strategy advice that will help the industry make better informed business decisions,” said Mr. Smith. “Based on the success and strong participation in this latest webinar, we intend to continue our series over the next year as we explore other key social media and marketing topics.”
RealNex is a leading commercial real estate technology solutions company that has quickly grown into an unparalleled technology platform for the commercial real estate industry through a series of acquisitions including Property Line; REI Wise; Real Estate Assistant (REA); Ten Eight; and BuzzTarget. For more information or to sign up for a free 15-day trial, please visit the new RealNex website at www.realnex.com.
RealNex is a leading commercial real estate technology solutions company. It strives to become the portal and marketplace for the commercial real estate industry by acquiring and aggregating leading sector solutions to improve marketplace efficiency, transparency and liquidity with overwhelming value. Its singular solution is designed to improve user success by increasing accuracy, professionalism and productivity, while streamlining activity, enhancing industry collaboration and eliminating redundancies. By consolidating multiple point solutions, RealNex will offer a sector based modules that provide more comprehensive functionality and greater utility while also being easier to use and more affordable to consume.