Onyx Equities Reports Fast Start to 2013 With 114,206 Square Feet of Lease Transactions During the First Quarter
Onyx Equities, LLC is off to a fast start in 2013. The leading private real estate investment, development and management firm today announced that it completed 17 lease transactions, totaling 114,206 square feet, throughout its portfolio during the first quarter of the year.
Michael Nevins, Onyx Equities’ senior vice president of leasing, represented the firm in the following notable deals:
- Kraemer Properties, Inc. renewed its 25,200-square-foot lease at 1925 Swarthmore Avenue in Lakewood, N.J. Onyx negotiated the transaction directly with the tenant.
- Valley National Bank signed a long-term renewal for 21,334 square feet at 2 Jericho Plaza in Jericho, N.Y. CBRE Senior Vice President David Leviton represented Valley National.
- Newmark Grubb Knight Frank signed a long-term, 12,246-square-foot renewal at Meadows Office Complex, located at 201 Route 17 North in Rutherford, N.J. The real estate firm, which was self represented, also renewed its lease for 3,112 square feet of space on a separate floor.
- At 1985 Swarthmore Avenue in Lakewood, N.J., Quality Communication Systems, Inc. signed a 12,500-square-foot renewal.
- BT Systems inked a long-term, 10,896-square-foot renewal at 30 Montgomery Street in Jersey City, N.J. Jones Lang LaSalle Vice President Dan De Palma represented the tenant.
During the first quarter, Onyx also completed lease transactions with TCBA Watson Rice, Creative Interior Partners, University Radiology, Omnicomm Systems, National Life Insurance Co., Rational eDiscovery, LLC, Insung Park, 1st Title of Central Jersey, LLC, Vivimed Labs USA, Inc., and Elite Nails.
“We continue to be encouraged by the level of leasing activity throughout our portfolio,” said Jared Minatelli, senior vice president of asset management for Onyx Equities. “In both the office and retail sectors, we’re finding that tenants are eager and willing to commit to space. We anticipate the continuation of this velocity, which is a reflection of the high quality of our premier properties and a sign that economic conditions are improving.”
About Onyx Equities, LLC
Headquartered in Woodbridge, New Jersey, Onyx Equities, LLC is a leading private real estate investment, management and development firm. Since its founding in 2004, Onyx has acquired more than $1 billion worth of real estate assets across the tri-state region. The company currently owns, manages or is the appointed receiver for 17 million square feet of office, retail, industrial, and self-storage properties located in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and Pennsylvania. For more information on Onyx Equities, contact the firm at (732) 362-8800, or visit www.onyxequities.com.