Onyx Equities Caps Successful 2012 With 580,000 Square Feet of Lease Transactions
Onyx Equities, LLC, a leading private real estate investment, development and management firm,today announced that it completed 580,000 square feet of lease transactions in 2012.
Michael Nevins, Onyx Equities’ senior vice president of leasing, represented the firm in the following transactions:
· Nextel Communications of Mid-Atlantic, Inc., relocated to a 12,825-square-foot space at Meadows Office Complex, 201 Route 17 North, Rutherford, N.J. CBRE Senior Associate Sarah Jones represented the tenant.
· The City of Jersey City renewed a 33,650-square-foot lease at 30 Montgomery Street, Jersey City, N.J. Cushman & Wakefield represented the tenant.
· The Vision Beauty Academy signed a new lease for 13,500 square feet of space at Red Lion Plaza, Red Lion Road and Roosevelt Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pa. Metro Commercial Consultant Brian Goodwin represented the tenant.
· Rainbow Academy renewed an 11,080-square-foot lease at Meadows Office Complex. Raritan Realty Principal David Saltzman represented the tenant.
· PBC 301 Route 17 North, LLC renewed and expanded its lease at Meadows Office Complex. Represented by Jones Lang LaSalle Vice Chairman Mitti Liebersohn, the tenant now occupies 16,439 square feet of space.
· IPFS Corporation signed a new lease for 15,950 square feet of space at 30 Montgomery Street. CBRE Senior Vice President Jeremy Neuer represented the tenant.
· Best Buy Stores, LP, renewed a 35,560-square-foot lease at Red Lion Plaza. Fameco represented the tenant.
· Zenith Marketing renewed a 12,473-square-foot lease at Freehold Executive Center, 303 West Main Street, Freehold, N.J. Grubb & Ellis Senior Vice President Adam Silver represented the tenant.
· GP Harmon Recycling, LLC, relocated to a 15,149-square-foot space at Jericho Plaza, Two Jericho Plaza, Jericho, N.Y. RE Strategies/Colliers represented the tenant.
· Aon Services Corporation renewed a 15,205-square-foot lease at Meadows Office Complex. CBRE Senior Vice President Charles Laginestra represented the tenant.
· Two River Community Bank signed a new lease for 17,626 square feet of space at 766 Shrewsbury Avenue, Tinton Falls, N.J. Weichert represented the tenant.
“The high level of leasing velocity experienced in 2012 is an extremely positive indicator for the market, which has been driven by tenants that are seeking to upgrade or expand upon their space while favorable conditions exist,” said Jared Minatelli, who serves as senior vice president of asset management for Onyx Equities. “As owner of some of the highest quality properties in the Tri-State Area, Onyx has greatly benefitted from this flight to quality. We expect this momentum to continue in 2013.”
About Onyx Equities, LLC
Headquartered in Woodbridge, New Jersey, Onyx Equities, LLC is a leading private real estate investment, management and development firm. Since its founding in 2004, Onyx has acquired more than $1 billion worth of real estate assets across the tri-state region. The company currently owns, manages or is the appointed receiver for 17 million square feet of office, retail, industrial, and self-storage properties located in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and Pennsylvania. For more information on Onyx Equities, contact the firm at (732) 362-8800, or visit www.onyxequities.com.