NJAA Recognizes Excellence in Multi-Family Rental Housing at 2012 Garden State Awards
MONROE TOWNSHIP, NJ, Oct. 22, 2012 –On Thursday, Oct. 18th, more than 500 attendees helped the New Jersey Apartment Association (NJAA) celebrate its 19th Annual Garden State Awards by recognizing 62 members and member properties for excellence in nearly 50 categories. Individuals who received industry certifications through education sessions held by NJAA were also recognized. For photos from the event, click here.
“The volume and caliber of nominees makes it impossible for us to recognize only one individual or organization per category,” said Jean Maddalon, Executive Director of NJAA. “The new format of the award program allows us to acknowledge excellence, and recognize our members and their efforts to constantly raise the bar on the products and services that they provide to residents across the state.”
“All the men and women who make up the multi-family rental housing industry exhibit dedicated efforts that contribute to the advancement our industry in New Jersey,” said Brent Kohere, president of the New Jersey Apartment Association. “So while we can only acknowledge some, we should all be proud of what we have accomplished this year.”
Highlights from the awards ceremony included:
Management Company of the Year – Affordable
Pennrose Management Company
Management Company of the Year – Market Rate
AvalonBay Communities, Inc.
Leasing Agent awards were presented to:
- Cheryl Byrne, Value Companies, Inc.
- Christina Cannella, NALP, Morgan Properties
- Susan Daly, Morgan Properties
- Sylvia Darrigo, Morgan Properties
- Marianne Felts- Harris, Fieldstone Properties, LLC
- Theresa Koslowski, Morgan Properties
- Karen Kubinak, Morgan Properties
- Kathryn Porpiglia, Equity Residential Properties
- Starr Star, Kriegman & Smith, Inc.
- Marie Vrlic, Equity Residential Properties
- Soo Yu, AvalonBay Communities, Inc.
Customer Service Manager / Resident Relations awards were received by:
- Tatiana Sivak-Dashkin, AvalonBay Communities, Inc.
- Raven Valverde, Segal & Segal
- Donicia Wright, AvalonBay Communities, Inc.
Curb Appeal awards were given in several categories based on the type of building, number of units and the year the building was built as follows:
Garden/ Low Rise, Built Before 1960
- Union Mill Run, Fieldstone Properties, LLC
- Windsor Realty Company, Home Properties
Garden/ Low Rise, Built Between 1961-1980, Less than 200 Units
- Barrington Gardens, Home Properties
- Burnt Mill Apartments, Morgan Properties
- Crest Ridge Apartments, Segal & Segal
- Foxhall Apartments, Value Companies, Inc.
- Moorestowne Woods, Morgan Properties
- Park Lane Apartments, Kriegman & Smith, Inc.
Garden/ Low Rise, Built Between 1961-1980,Over 200 Units
- Chatham Hill Apartments, Home Properties
- Dorchester Manor, Value Companies, Inc.
- Eastampton Gardens, Morgan Properties
- Quail Ridge Apartments, Candlebrook Property Management
- Saddle Brook Apartments, Value Companies, Inc.
- Wayne Village, Home Properties
Garden/ Low Rise, Built Between 1981-1999
- Avalon Princeton Junction, AvalonBay Communities
- Willow Ridge Village Apartments, The Westover Companies
Affordable Properties - Garden/Low Rise, Built After 2000
- Heritage Village At Lambertville, CIS Management
- Heritage Village At Seabreeze, CIS Management
- Maple Shade Mews, Pennrose Management Co.
Garden/ Low Rise, Built After 2000
- The Mews At Annandale, Morgan Properties
- The Shipyard/North Constitution, Applied Property Management Company
Mid/High Rise, Built Between 1981-1999
- Avalon Cove, AvalonBay Communities, Inc.
Affordable Properties - Mid/High- Rise, Built Before 2000
- Acacia Lumberton Manor, PRD Management, Inc.
- Brookside Apartments, PRD Management, Inc.
- Gloucester Towne, PRD Management, Inc.
- Taunton Run Village, PRD Management, Inc.
For a complete list of the 2012 winners please visit: www.njaa.com/gardenstateawards
To learn more about upcoming NJAA events and sponsorship opportunities please contact Damaris Zayas at firstname.lastname@example.org (732) 992-0606.
Founded in 1986, the New Jersey Apartment Association (NJAA) is a statewide organization of apartment owners, managers, builders, developers and those involved in allied industries. The Association is designed to advance and protect the welfare of the apartment industry in New Jersey. NJAA represents managers and owners of more than 170,000 rental units throughout the state as rental housing is home to over one-third of all New Jersey families. NJAA also serves its membership’s interest on a national level through its affiliation with the National Apartment Association (NAA). For more information about apartment home living in New Jersey along with NJAA events and activities visit www.njaa.com.