The News Funnel is Hiring a Website Content Quality Editor
Now Hiring: Website Content Quality Editor
Content is King at the News Funnel and our success depends on the accuracy and quality of the content we deliver to professionals in the real estate industry. The site uses semantic processing software to index news stories and we are seeking a candidate to oversee this software tool and tune the resulting output. The Website Content Quality Editor will also have ownership of the RSS feeds that are the backbone of The News Funnel’s services. The ideal candidate will possess a keen eye for detail and a problem-solving mentality. An ability to work independently is required.
NOTE: Local candidates in the NY/NJ area only - no relocation will be offered for this position.
About The News Funnel:
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Morristown, NJ, The News Funnel aggregates content for business professionals in the Real Estate industry. The site features thousands of feeds from trusted industry sources and lets users craft that information into a custom feed that is unique to their geographic market, industry segment and areas of interest.
For Real Estate professionals, The News Funnel saves time and reduces the deluge of emails flooding their inboxes on a daily basis. With real-time updates and the ability to follow specific companies, The News Funnel also keeps professionals armed with the information they need to be successful and stay ahead of the competition.
For PR and marketing professionals, The News Funnel offers direct access to a targeted vertical audience and a way to bypass the wire service-to-media food chain. Press releases, events and market research reports uploaded to The News Funnel are distributed directly into the funnels of real estate professionals who have registered on the site.
- Daily review of news stories from multiple geographic markets and reclassification of these stories as needed
- Oversight and management of semantic processing tool that indexes all the website content (training will be provided)
- Set up and ongoing maintenance of RSS feeds from media outlets, bloggers, etc.
- Identification of new content sources for The News Funnel site
- Identification of content for marketing purposes (e.g., most popular stories, most popular blog posts, etc)
- The ideal candidate should have 3+ years copy editing or web/software QA experience
- Duties require an accurate and methodical approach to review news articles
- Individual must be organized, diligent and detail-oriented
- Individual must be able to work independently
- Individual will need to make frequent "subjective" decisions as part of their daily function (e.g. determine if articles are categorized to the correct real estate market and segment)
- Individual must comfortable with basic web technologies (HTML etc.) and web content management systems.
- Individual must possess solid verbal and written communication skills
- Individual must be capable of working in a small team environment with hard deadlines
- Familiarity with the real estate sector is a plus but not required
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply