Michael Rudin to Present Keynote Address at Upcoming CREtech Conference in New York
Rudin to Present Overview of Historic Dock 72 Development as well as Discuss Rudin Ventures at the Premier Commercial Real Estate Tech Conference of 2019
New York, NY (August 23, 2019) — CREtech (cretech.com), the leading event, content, and connectivity platform for the commercial real estate technology industry has announced that Michael Rudin, Senior Vice President at Rudin Management Company and Partner at Rudin Development, will deliver a Keynote presentation at the largest CREtech event of 2019 in New York. The Presentation, “Welcome to Brooklyn and Dock72,” will give an overview of the groundbreaking development of Dock 72 and highlights of Rudin Ventures.
Dock 72, located in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, is a joint venture between Rudin Development, Boston Properties, and WeWork and will be the first ground-up, new construction Class A office building to be built in Brooklyn in over a decade. The building is designed by S9 Architecture with Perkins Eastman as the architect of record and interiors and amenity spaces by Fogarty Finger. This cutting-edge building offers 30,000 square feet of indoor amenities and over 10,000 square feet of outdoor amenities, complemented with sensational skyline views of Brooklyn and Manhattan.
Michael Rudin has been with his family’s firm since 2008, and together with his sister Samantha represents the fourth generation to work in the family business. Michael focuses on multiple areas within the company including new developments, capital markets, commercial and retail leasing, sustainability, and technology. Michael also helps lead the family’s venture capital business, Rudin Ventures, which focuses on early-stage startups in the real estate technology sector. Additionally, Michael is the Managing Partner of Rudin West Development, based in Aspen, Colorado.
Michael is a member of a number of industry-related organizations including The Real Estate Board of New York Real Estate Technology Committee, The Real Estate Round Table Sustainability Policy Advisory Committee, the WiredScore Advisory Board, the NYU Furman Center Advisory Board, and the Urban Land Institute. Michael serves on the board of the three Rudin Family foundations as well as The First Tee of Metropolitan New York, the Downtown Brooklyn Partnership, Friends of the BQX, and the Aspen Art Museum.
Confirmed speakers for the upcoming CREtech New York Conference include:
- Brendan Wallace, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Fifth Wall Ventures
- Brad Greiwe, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Fifth Wall Ventures
- Lisa Picard, President & CEO, EQ Office (a Blackstone company)
- Karen Hollinger, SVP, Strategic Initiatives, AvalonBay Communities
- Michael Rudin, Senior Vice President, Rudin Management Company
- Will O’Donnell, Managing Partner, Prologis Ventures
- Sudeep Doshi, Associate Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Steve Weikal, Head of Industry Relations, MIT Center for Real Estate
- Michael Yang, Managing Partner, OMERS Ventures
- Granit Gjonbalaj, Chief Real Estate Development Officer, WeWork
- Elisabeth Hartley, Partner, Creator Fund, WeWork
- Geoffrey Kasselman, SIOR, LEED AP, CEO, Op2mize Energy, LLC
- Dave Eisenberg, Partner, Zigg Capital
- Minta Kay, Partner & Chair of Global Real Estate Industry Group, Goodwin
- Britt Zaffir, General Manager, Kin
- Jenny Wong, Managing Director, Tishman Speyer
- Scott Evans, Chief Digital Officer, Related Hudson Yards
- Kenneth Finnegan, CTO & Managing Director of Technology, Related Hudson Yards
- Ben Liao, Managing Director, Colliers Proptech Accelerator Powered by Techstars
- Mihir Shah, Co-CEO, JLL Spark
- Yishai Lerner, Co-CEO, JLL Spark
- KP Reddy, Founder, Shadow Ventures
- Arnie Sriaskandarajah, Partner, Round Hill Ventures
- Andrea Jang, Head of Growth, Americas, JLL Spark
- Riggs Kubiak, Founder, Honest Buildings (a Procore company)
- Seth Rosenberg, Investor, Greylock Partners
- Maureen Waters, President, Ten-X Commercial
- Peter Grant, Deputy Editor, Real Estate at The Wall Street Journal
Over 2,000 global real estate executives will attend the October conference to network, uncover new investment opportunities, and acquire leading-edge products and services to enable digital transformation for the largest industry in the world.
To purchase conference passes, click here.
To learn more about partnerships and sponsorships, click here.
About Rudin Management Company
The Rudin Family owns and operates one of the largest privately owned commercial and residential portfolios in New York City. Among its real estate holdings are 17 office buildings containing approximately 10.7 million square feet of space and 18 residential buildings comprising over 4.7 million square feet of residences.
CREtech is the leading media and events company servicing the greater real estate and technology community. Our mission at CREtech is to connect the real estate and tech sector by hosting engaging conferences, publishing research, and content.
CREtech is owned and operated by The News Funnel, the leading content, connectivity and event platform devoted to the commercial real estate industry.
To learn more about becoming a sponsor, a list of upcoming events and other exciting news, please click here or email email@example.com.