The Hampshire Companies ReportsStrong Commercial Real Estate Activity in 2013
Morristown, N.J. (February 25, 2014)–The Hampshire Companies, a full-service, private real estate investment firm with equity in assets valued at over $2.5 billion, experienced strong levels of activity in 2013, completing 15 property acquisitions totaling 2,887,095 square feet at a value of just under $300 million. Hampshire also completed 16 dispositions totaling 1,885,281 square feet of office, industrial and retail space at an aggregate value of $144,787,745, while on the leasing side, Hampshire experienced strong activity, executing 51 leases totaling 1,335,223 square feet of new and renewal lease transactions.
“We continue to apply our cycle-tested expertise to today’s real estate marketplace, which has allowed us to successfully leverage a variety of opportunities throughout the past year,” said James E. Hanson II, President and CEO of The Hampshire Companies. “Our ability toacquire, add value and maintain quality space allows us to meet the needs of a diverse tenant base. At the same time, we have strategically disposed of several assets, generating significant value for our investors. As the economy continues to grow, we expect to see more signs of positive activity in 2014.”
Some of the major acquisition highlights include:
- Industrial Portfolio in Fairfield and Little Falls, N.J., totaling 989,200 square feet
- Industrial Building located at 200 Middlesex N.J., totaling 406,000 square feet
- Retail Building in Garden City, N.Y., totaling 293,930 square feet
- Industrial Building in Saddle Brook, N.J., totaling 250,000 square feet
- Industrial Building in Carteret, N.J., totaling 234,325 square feet
- Industrial Building in West Caldwell, N.J. totaling 210,530 square feet
- Retail Shopping Center in Greenville, N.C., totaling 179,593 square feet
Major leasing highlightsinclude:
- 420,845 square feet to Jade Jeans and Huttig at 475 Willard Avenue in Newington, C.T.
- 232,134 square feet to a major distributer at 200 Milik Street in Carteret, N.J.
- 223,362 square feet to Flight Systems and Patton Picture Company at 1225 South Market Street in Mechanicsburg, P.A.
- 85,000 square feet to The Fillo Factory at 10 Fairway Court in Northvale, N.J.
- 80,000 square feet to RLB Food Distributors at 2 Dedrick Place in West Caldwell, N.J.
To learn more about The Hampshire Companies or its available space, please visit www.hampshireco.com.
About The Hampshire Companies
The Hampshire Companies is a full-service, private real estate investment firm based in Morristown, N.J. The Hampshire Companies is a vibrant, dynamic organization that combines creative vision and superior execution, thereby enabling it to create and enhance value in real estate investments. Additional information on The Hampshire Companies is available online at www.hampshireco.com.