Furniture Retailers Complete Numerous Transactions in Paramus, NJ
Retail Sector Capitalizes on Favorable Market Conditions
PARAMUS, NJ. (JUNE 14, 2012) – When it comes to buying new furniture, New Jersey consumers are getting more choices of where to shop in Paramus, NJ. Thanks to a New Jersey retail market still on the mend and larger size vacancies left behind from retailers hurt from the past recession, furniture firms are enjoying better conditions for leasing retail space not seen in years coupled with available supply.
“You have the perfect situation for the furniture retailers looking for space in today’s market,” stated President Chuck Lanyard of The Goldstein Group. “As in the previous recessions, furniture and home furniture are the first to open stores as the economy signals an improvement. Consumers have also been holding back and they now seem to be ready to make these purchases.”
Many furniture retailers making the move to New Jersey include several familiar brands who are expanding within the state as well as several entrepreneurial retailers who are eager to capitalize on New Jersey’s tremendous demographics and incomes. In Paramus we are seeing some new names for the first time. Such high quality stores as Stickley, Arhaus, and Bassett have all selected sites in Paramus within the last several months.
Recent Furniture Transactions
- Stickley Furniture – Bought the former Seaman’s furniture showroom, a 22,000 sf store at 55 East Route 4 in Paramus.
- Bassett Furniture – Completed a 20,000 sf deal at 240 Rt. 17 in Paramus.
- Arhaus Furniture –The national retailer is moving into a large store at the Riverside Square Mall in Hackensack.
- Lazzoni Furniture – This New York City company is opening their first New Jersey location in a 5,000 sf store at 68 Route 17 in Paramus.
- Fabio Italian Furniture – This high end Italian Furniture company, based out of California, will be moving into the former Domain Furniture building, which totals 7,100 sf at 290 Route 4 in Paramus.
- Contemporary Couch – Opened a 4,200 sf showroom at 231 E. Route 4 in Paramus.
“The Paramus market in New Jersey is a great window of opportunity for furniture retailers,” noted Mr. Lanyard. “I would expect the trend to continue as other brands seek to move-in before the best possible locations are leased, and the market gets much stronger and favorable lease terms get tougher to achieve.”
About The Goldstein Group
The Goldstein Group, New Jersey’s leading full-service commercial real estate brokerage firm, specializes in owner representation, retailer representation, investment sales and management services. The firm, founded in 1986, represents over 12,000,000 square feet of retail space and more than 50 national and regional retailers. The Company is the New Jersey member of the Retail Brokers Network. As an RBN affiliate, The Goldstein Group provides clients assistance throughout the United States with qualified retail specialists in over 60 offices nationwide.
For more information on the Retail Brokers Network, visit www.retailbrokersnetwork.com. For more information, contact Chuck Lanyard, president and director of brokerage services, at 201-703-9700, or visit the Company’s website at www.thegoldsteingroup.com.