For First Time, Advance Realty Makes Microwave ‘Power Tower’ at One Gateway Center Available For Lea
High-Capacity Rooftop Facility Features Impossible-to-Duplicate, Large-Radius ‘Boomer’ Radio Coverage
Advance Realty, a leading Northeast U.S. owner and developer of Class A office, mixed-use and flex-space properties, today announced a unique leasing opportunity at One Gateway Center, its state-of-the-art office tower in downtown Newark, N.J.
- For the first time, the building’s high-capacity microwave tower, offering impossible-to duplicate, large-radius “boomer” radio coverage that includes all of Manhattan, is available for lease. The tower was originally constructed by ITT-USTS as their NY Metro junction for their national long haul microwave network serving Manhattan and New Jersey terminal sites with capacity for 10-12 large diameter high performance dishes.
Other features of this “power tower site” include:
- Facility is engineered to meet the highest possible long haul transmission system reliability objectives and maintained to that standard for the past 35 years
- Microwave line of sight to multiple Manhattan and New Jersey locations. Prior LOS paths include Manhattan (50 Exchange Place & 1515 Broadway) and New Jersey (MCI Apline, Neshanic & USTS Secaucus).
- Loading dock access, freight elevator to the 26th floor, communications room, antenna collocation-friendly building management
- An approximately 3,000-square-foot, built-out carrier class communications room available on the 26th floor.
- Options available for rooftop and mezzanine-level antenna locations.
“This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to lease a well-maintained, high-capacity power facility with multiple fiber carriers,” stated Brian Banaszynski, Advance Realty’s Managing Director. “Over the past 35 years, we have all witnessed the incredible advances in communication and recognize the importance of a strategically located facility to provide the fast connections necessary for the seamless management of today’s business environment.”
Banaszynski added that the Newark location is ideal for electronic news gathering (ENG) and broadcaster backup transmitter facilities or for point-to-point microwave applications such as mobile backhaul, low latency Ethernet transport and dedicated customer broadband services. It is also well suited to wide area mobile communications along with special Homeland Security and EMS service.
The tower will be available with all current antennas removed by August 1, 2012.
The 26-story, 466,919-square-foot One Gateway Center offers exceptional features such as a fully enclosed direct skywalk connection to Newark’s Penn Station, which serves Amtrak, NJ Transit and PATH trains, and offers direct access to Manhattan in less than 20 minutes. There is an on-site 250-Room Hilton Hotel and Conference Center and the complex also features a 30,000-square-foot retail concourse that includes banking, dining, fitness and other upscale amenities.
Strategically located in the heart of Newark’s business district, One Gateway also features secured, covered parking and is located in close proximity to the New Jersey Turnpike (Interstate 95), Interstates 280 and 78, the Garden State Parkway, Routes 1 and 9 and Route 21/McCarter Highway. Additionally, the building offers convenient access to Newark Liberty Airport, and attractions such as Prudential Center, and the New Jersey Performing Arts Center.
In 2010, One Gateway received “The Outstanding Building of the Year” (TOBY) recognition from the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) of New Jersey for the second time. BOMA’s annual TOBY awards recognize quality in office buildings and excellence in building management.
For more information about this leasing opportunity, please call James Innes of The CarrierClass Group at 267-419-8496, ext. 102, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Advance Realty
Advance Realty, headquartered in Bedminster, New Jersey, is a privately held real estate development, investment and management company. Since its inception in 1979, Advance Realty has acquired or developed more than seven million square feet of commercial, residential, mixed-use and industrial projects. Advance continues to be one of the most active and respected commercial real estate companies in the New Jersey and Washington, D.C. markets.
Advance Realty is well positioned for smart growth in its core markets. The company’s strong capital base, outstanding talent and flexibility as a privately held, fully integrated real estate company ensure continued success at the forefront of the commercial real estate industry.