Cushman & Wakefield Secures Eight Leases at APF Properties’ 286 Madison Avenue
NEW YORK – Oct. 26, 2016 – Cushman & Wakefield announced that it has secured eight leases totaling approximately 27,000 square feet at APF Properties’ 286 Madison Avenue, a 23-story, 129,540-square-foot building located near Grand Central Terminal. A Cushman and Wakefield team of David Rosenbloom, Executive Managing Director; Douglas Regal, Director; Maria Travlos, Director and Pierce Hance, Jr., Senior Associate, serve as the exclusive leasing agents for the building.
“286 Madison Avenue is a destination for a diverse group of small-to-medium sized firms in search of prime office space in the heart of the Grand Central Terminal neighborhood,” said Mr. Rosenbloom. “These leases are a reflection of APF Properties’ commitment to its tenants – a robust capital improvements campaign coupled with the opportunity of a full-floor presence, along with Plaza quality pre-built spaces, has proved to be a winning combination for both APF and the businesses housed in 286 Madison Avenue.”
Recent transactions at 286 Madison Avenue include:
- Revel Systems signed a seven year, 5,732-square-foot expansion lease for a full floor space on the 11th floor. Michael McCloskey of the Kaufman Organization represented the tenant.
- Borden Avenue signed a five year, 3,913- square-foot lease for a portion of the 4th floor. Jordan Gosin of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank represented the tenant.
- D. Reis Construction Corp. signed a seven year, 3,913-square-foot lease for a portion of the 19th floor. Arashi Sadighi of the Square Foot, Inc. represented the tenant.
- Williams Okin Lal Physicians signed a 10 year, 3,122-square-foot lease for a portion of the 16th floor. Max Vizgalin of Viza Group represented the tenant.
- Global Relay USA, Inc. renewed its 2,559-square-foot lease for an additional three years. The company will remain on a portion of the 7th floor. Howard Kaplowitz of Colliers International represented the tenant.
- Vanderburgh & Co., Inc. signed a 10 year, 2,479-square-foot lease for a portion of the 4th floor. Gui Tepedino or Roberta Panos, Inc. represented the tenant.
- Bayern Munich signed a five year, 2,479- square-foot lease for a portion of the 19th floor. Jamie Jacobs of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank represented the tenant.
- Market Street Advisors renewed its 2,381- square-foot lease for an additional five years. The company will remain on a portion of the 13th floor. Will Carr of Douglas Elliman represented the tenant.
286 Madison Avenue was originally constructed in 1918. In 2008 APF Properties completed a major capital improvement program that included upgraded lobby, elevators, corridors, and many mechanical features. Ownership recently completed the installation of a brand new conference center as a tenant amenity. 286 Madison Avenue is sought after by many small and medium-sized professional service firms due to its convenient location and proximity to Bryant Park, availability of full floor identity and a wide variety of neighborhood amenities and services.
About Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield is a leading global real estate services firm that helps clients transform the way people work, shop, and live. Our 43,000 employees in more than 60 countries help investors optimize the value of their real estate by combining our global perspective and deep local knowledge with an impressive platform of real estate solutions. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest commercial real estate services firms with revenue of $5 billion across core services of agency leasing, asset services, capital markets, facility services (C&W Services), global occupier services, investment & asset management (DTZ Investors), project & development services, tenant representation, and valuation & advisory. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
About AFP Properties
APF Properties LLC is a real estate investment firm that owns and manages commercial real estate in New York City, New Jersey, Philadelphia and Houston. Founded in 1995 by Kenneth Aschendorf and Berndt Perl, APF Properties own a two million-square-foot office portfolio.