Atlantic Builders Convention: March 25-27, 2014
Atlantic Builders Convention (ABC) Announces its Educational Programs
Atlantic City Convention Center, Atlantic City, NJ
March 26-27, 2014
Hamilton, NJ, March 21, 2014 – The 65th Annual Atlantic Builders Convention (ABC) on March 26-27, 2014 at the Atlantic City Convention Center in Atlantic City, NJ will feature numerous accredited seminars designed to enhance the participant’s knowledge of regulatory, legal, land use and environmental issues, as well as topics on how building professionals can increase productivity and profitability.
Educational programs will begin on Wednesday, March 26 at 9:00 AM. Continuing Professional Education (CPE) will be available in the following disciplines: Architects: AIA & HSW; Professional Planners: AICP CM; Realtors: CE; Attorneys: CLE; Engineers: CPC; Interior Designers: IDCEC; Remodel Contractors: NARI; Electricians: NJEC; and Kitchen & Bath Designers: NKBA. The titles of the seminars are:
- Current Issues Affecting How You Run Your Business (AICP CM, CLE)
- Fire Rated Cementitious Coated OSB in Wall & Roof Sheathing Applications (AIA, HSW)
- Legal Trends I – Land Use Law (AICP CM, CLE, CPC)
- Legal Trends II – Environmental Law (AICP CM, CLE, CPC)
- Lighting Energy Audits & ROI Analysis (AIA, NJEC)
- Site Remediation Regulatory Updates (AICP CM, CLE, CPC)
- Build a Better House at Lower Cost by Controlling Infiltration (AIA/LU, HSW)
- Affordable Housing Overview (AICP CM, CLE, CPC)
- Commercial Wood Window Installations Systems (AIA/CES LU, HSW)
- Financing Programs for Residential Projects (AICP CM, CLE)
- The Great Marketing Debate – Digital & Not So Digital!
- The Growing Trend of Mixed-Use Developments (AICP CM, CLE, CPC)
- All You Can Learn About Mold (CE)
- Leveraging Code Compliance by Designing for ENERGY STAR (AIA)
- Rebuilding After Sandy (AICP CM, CLE, CPC)
- Universal Design – Age in Place (AIA/CES LU, HSW, IDCEC, NKBA, NARI)
- Annual Environmental Review (AICP CM, CLE, CPC)
- Be Our Guest – Providing that Magical 5-Star Customer Experience
- Braced and Shear Wall Requirements in the IRC Building Code (AIA/CES LU, HSW)
- Modern & Green Building Design (AICP CM)
- Workforce Development & Job Opportunities (CEU, CPE)
- Presenting Development Applications to Local Boards – Ethical and Professional Considerations (AICP CM, CLE, CPC)
The Exhibit Floor will be open from 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM on Wednesday, March 26 and Thursday, March 27, featuring innovative building products and services. New this year in the Exhibit Hall is a Learning Center to enhance building, management, training, social media, marketing and PR skills. Presentations will be given on the following topics:
- Breakthrough in Deep Pile Foundation Technology for NJ Shore Houses – Corky Kelleher, Ph.D. and Tim Ferguson, Hale Built House Raising
- Creating and Funding an Employee Training Program – Leah Pontani, MBA, Director, Mercer Institute
- Crisis 101 – Doug Fenichel, APR, In-House Public Relations
- Enviro-Dri Better Alternatives to House Wraps – James R. Wells, Ph.D., Technical Director, Tremco Barrier Solutions. Sponsored by: Professional Stone & Stucco Sliding Applicators
- How to Outsmart and Under-spend the Competition and Win the Digital Marketing Battle! – Larry Bailin, Founder and CEO, Single Throw Internet Marketing
- The Social Building Professional – Eileen Monesson, CPC, Principal, PRCounts, llc
Key events scheduled for Tuesday, March 25 include the NJBA Board of Directors Meeting, the Annual Economic Forecast with David Matthau, Veteran Correspondent for 101.5 News Radio as the Moderator; and the President’s Installation Dinner. The Industry Awards Luncheon will be on Wednesday, March 26 and the grand finale of the convention will be the Sales and Marketing (SAM) Awards Banquet on Thursday, March 27.
Visit www.ABConvention.com for the seminar and Learning Center schedules, as well as information on the Convention. Limited booths are still available – register online. Registration and hotel reservations at Resorts Casino Hotel are open until Friday, March 21. All major after hours events will take place at Resorts Casino Hotel.
About the Atlantic Builders Convention (ABC)
Now in its 65th year, ABC is the largest building industry trade show in the Northeast, drawing approximately 6,500 participants from a seven-state region, including residential and commercial builders, developers, remodelers and subcontractors, plus a variety of manufacturers, suppliers, and consulting professionals. The convention features nearly 400 exhibits showcasing the latest products and services to a large and diverse audience of decision makers. Attendees gain up-to-date information about the latest market trends, government policies and technical developments at educational seminars. Additional information is available online, at www.ABConvention.com.
About the New Jersey Builders Association (NJBA)
NJBA is a housing industry trade association of builders, developers, remodelers, subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, architects, consultants and other professionals dedicated to meeting the housing needs of all New Jersey residents and facilitating their realization of the American Dream. NJBA serves as a resource for its members through continuing education and advocacy. NJBA and its members strive for a better, greener, more affordable housing market in New Jersey. Additional information is available at www.NJBA.org.