ATLANTIC BUILDERS CONVENTION (ABC) SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 10-11 “Learn What You Need to Know to Excel”
The resurgence of the building industry is all over the press. The Wall Street Journal, New York Times and other reputable publications are all reporting that builders are breaking ground on new projects as public confidence in the economy is improving.
Now that the industry is steadily improving, it is more important than ever for residential, mixed-use and commercial builders, developers, remodelers, subcontractors, suppliers and professional service providers attend the Atlantic Builders Convention (ABC). It is the only Convention that will equip you with the knowledge needed to excel as you get back to business while earning continuing education credits.
Professionals seeking continuing education credits and certifications can register for accredited seminars at ABC. Participants can earn credits towards The American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) Certification Maintenance (CM) program, State of New Jersey Continuing Education Credits for New Jersey Electrician’s License, as well as the American Institute of Architects (AIA), Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits and Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) credits for Engineers. Visit www.ABConvention.com for a description of the seminars being offered.
Special Program – Rebuilding After Sandy
Superstorm Sandy caused unprecedented damage and destruction to many homes, businesses, and communities. Learn about the many issues that will impact the rebuilding effort, including insurance payouts and requirements, land use and environmental policies, financial assistance programs and tax implications.
Demostrations will be given throughout the Convention on new innovative products for state-of-the-art building.
ABC is well-recognized as the Convention to conduct business. It is one of the only conventions that host networking events throughout the show that are open to everyone. This year’s main events include:
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
· NJBA Board of Directors Meeting:11:30 AM at Castanet Meeting Room, South Tower, Tropicana
· Economic Forecast:2:00 PM at Bossa Nova Meeting Room, South Tower, Tropicana featuring: Anika R. Khan, Senior Economist, Residential Construction with Wells Fargo; Joel L. Naroff, Ph.D., President of Naroff Economic Advisors; Jeffrey G. Otteau, President of Otteau Valuation Group, Inc.; and Carol Ann Short, Esq., Acting CEO, NJBA.
· Sales and Marketing Achievement (SAM) Awards*:6:30 PM at Rooftop Lounge & Royal Swan Ballroom, Salon 1, North Tower, Tropicana
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
· Opening Ceremony:9:45 AM at the AC Convention Center Exhibit Hall A
· Kick-Off Reception:5:00 PM at the AC Convention Center Atrium
· Builders Reception:7:00 PM at the Anthem Lounge in the Quarter at Tropicana Casino & Resort. Open only to Builders and NJBA Master Sponsors
· Builder Bash I– 9:00 PM at Boogie Nights, South Tower at Tropicana Casino & Resort
Thursday, April 11, 2013
· NJBA Annual Industry Award Luncheon & Installation of Officers*:12:30 PM at the AC Convention Center at the NJBA Zone in Exhibit Halls A, B & C
· President’s Party – The Ultimate Cocktail Reception*:7:00 PM at Royal Swan Ballroom, Salon 5, North Tower, Tropicana
· Builders Bash II– 9:00 PM at Royal Swan Ballroom, Salon 5, North Tower, Tropicana
* Ticketed Events
Registration and hotel reservations are open. Exhibit space and sponsorship opportunities are still available. Visit www.ABConvention.com or call 609-587-5577for more information.
About the Atlantic Builders Convention (ABC)
Now in its 64th year, the ABC is the largest building industry trade show in the Northeast, drawing approximately 6,500 participants from a seven-state region, including residential and commercial builders, developers, remodelers and subcontractors, plus a variety of manufacturers, suppliers, and consulting professionals. The two-day convention features 400 exhibits showcasing the latest products and services to a large and diverse audience of decision makers. Attendees gain up-to-date information about the latest market trends, government policies and technical developments at educational seminars. Additional information is available online, at www.ABConvention.com.
About the New Jersey Builders Association (NJBA)
The New Jersey Builders Association is a housing industry trade association of builders, developers, remodelers, subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, architects, consultants and other professionals dedicated to meeting the housing needs of all New Jersey residents and facilitating their realization of the American Dream. NJBA serves as a resource for its members through continuing education and advocacy. NJBA and its members strive for a better, greener, more affordable housing market in New Jersey. Additional information is available at www.NJBA.org.