Senseware, Inc. is looking for an Account Executive (AE) with at least 5-10 years of successful Sales experience to join our rapidly growing Internet of Things startup that is making noise as one of DC’s hottest startups. Our CEO was recently named Top 40 Power Women of DC Tech, also named Top 10 IoT companies in 2016 by Launch Festival.
We are looking for a polished, organized, hardworking AE to manage the closing functions of our sales funnel, as well as maintain a target of strategic accounts. The ideal AE will possess an innate ability to relate value, understand customer business objectives and dig deep to uncover customer challenges from a consultative sales approach.
The AE takes full personal ownership of all activity and quota attainment and will formulate an account plan for strategic accounts while managing a full pipeline of opportunities produced by our high-performance Sales Development team. Other responsibilities include:
- Establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies.
- Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of Senseware offerings.
- Close sufficient sales to exceed sales plan objectives.
- Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers, general contractors, partners and end users.
- Build new business associations / relationships and grow your book of business
- Become integral to the growth of this amazing startup
- Develop relationships with internal operations and administrative staff to ensure customer satisfaction, and effectively and efficiently address issues.
- Manage receivables balances in line with Senseware objectives and policies.
- Solicit support from and communicates effectively with internal staff to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Utilize applicable sales tools effectively to plan and document progress as well as increase penetration of accounts.
- Participate in professional organizations.
The AE will report directly to the Director of Sales. Senseware is deeply committed to being a metrics driven organization and experience reporting on pipeline activity, and keeping a properly maintained CRM is an absolute must – if you don’t think it is important to keep the CRM up to date and are prone to make excuses about not having enough time, please do not apply.
- Knowledge of building mechanical and electrical equipment functions and use, HVAC system control applications, control system hardware and software products.
- Knowledge of standard building automation system communication network protocols such as BACnet, Modbus and LON.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related discipline strongly preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive sales experience.
- Excellent initiative and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
- In it to win it attitude
- Collaborative & able to accept feedback and share feedback respectfully
- Eternally optimistic
- Above average attention to detail
- Well written, spoken, and professional
- A lifelong learner who is committed to building something successful
- Own the numbers as a revenue agent of the company
To apply to this position please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.