"Internet-Resistant" Tenants: Primary Focus for Shopping Center Owners
• The imminent downfall of brick-and-mortar retail is greatly exaggerated.
• Although news headlines highlight retail closures, many retailers actually continue to boom and expand.
• Owners of well-positioned malls successful re-tenanting closed dep't stores at higher rents...
• Service oriented tenants occupying small-shop spaces in shopping centers with grocery stores are the most internet-resistant
• Culinary venues, fitness centers, discount retail stores, and health-conscious concepts are among the most active retail segments.