Over the past few years, Instagram has quickly taken over the social scene and is now breaking into the business world since the introduction of Instagram Ads. There are more than 300 million Instagrammers and over 30 Billion photos shared.
Instagram’s clean design and emphasis on beautiful images and videos creates the ideal community for real estate. Real estate professionals can creatively showcase their properties, share their favorite neighborhood spots, and visually convey their brand’s story through their Instagram account. The best part is the ability to easily engage with clients and share with prospects through hashtags!
We will go through some Instagram best practices for real estate brokerages to increase “likes” and “followers:”
Setting up your Instagram for Real Estate:
- Download the mobile app for iOS or Android. The app is required for uploading, editing, and sharing photos. The web based version is only for viewing and “liking” pur.
- Add your website, phone number, or email address to your Instagram profile so people have a way so that people have a way to get in touch with you if they like what they see!
- Upload a profile picture. The standard size is 110x110 pixels.
- Share photos consistently. You are more likely to acquire followers if you share often. Try to share at least one #picofthday everyday. The standard size for an Instagram photo is 612x612 pixels.
- Use filters to enhance and sharpen your photos giving you a professional look.
When to post?
- Timing is critical for any social media post but especially for Instagram. We have found the optimal times to be on weekdays from 7-8AM and from 5-6PM.
- Hashtags are the easiest way for people to search and find your photos. They can also help organize photos and brand a new marketing campaign. The maximum is 30 hashtags on a single photo but the optimal amount is 5. Some popular real estate hashtags are: #realestate #follow #picofthday #neighborhood #imyouragent #realtor #luxuryrealestate #forsale #agent #local #guide #newlisting #realestateagent #property #invest #YourBrokerage #YourName #YourCity #JustListed
- Take advantage of the Instagram Photo Map by entering the location/ address of your photos in the “Name This Location” section (right after you enter your caption).
- When you share your photo, it will give you the option to share on Facebook and Twitter at the same time. Take advantage of this!
What to post?
- Show people around the local community (favorite coffee shops, nearby parks, and popular restaurants or bars)
- Virtual tours - share short video clips of your properties
- Share your city skyline or other scenic views around town
- Photos of your office and staff or local real estate events that you attend to give people a glimpse into your life and personality
- Client testimonial videos of happy clients enjoying their new space
- Engage with your followers by liking their photos and responding back to them through comments by using “@” to mention them in your response
- Use Instagram Direct to share private/ personalized messages with specific clients
By: Chelsea MacDade
Marketing Specialist, Think Tech Labs
Connect with Chelsea on LinkedIn
Follow REthink CRM on Twitter