You are here

Residential Homes being developed by K. Hovnanian for People 55 and Older

05/07/2015

A new residential development project is underway by K. Hovnanian specifically designed for adults age 55 and older. Plans for the Four Seasons at Monmouth Woods were recently unveiled and widely accepted. This development will be located at 200 W. Farms Road in Howell Township off Route 9 in Monmouth County, New Jersey.

This new Monmouth Woods development follows in the steps of another active adult development in the same county by K. Hovnanian. Called the Four Seasons at Manalapan, the project has already been completely sold out.

Key Benefits

This development is geared toward homebuyers who are 55 years of age and older and will boast many of the same amenities. As part of the development, buyers have an option of different floor plans and an array of resort style amenities such as a swimming pool, tennis courts, bocce ball court, and a 4,400 square foot clubhouse.

Within close proximity to both new developments is the second largest shopping mall in the state of New Jersey, as well as the Manasquan Reservoir County Park, several pristine golf courses, and multiple major retail chains.

With Monmouth County being centrally located and along the Jersey Shore, this is a prime area for new development. In addition, Monmouth County is ranked among the highest-income counties in the country, this according to the latest reports from the Census Bureau.

A Growing Trend

Typically, for communities like the Four Seasons at Monmouth Woods, the rules require that at minimum, 80 percent of households have at least one individual who is 55 years of age while the other 20 percent can be younger. In addition, the rules stipulate that no children under the age of 19 can reside in the home.

Under the Housing for Older Persons Act, age discrimination in communities such as this is allowed under the Fair Housing Act. Additional rules are typical according to community as a means of establishing high community standards while maintaining healthy property values.

As children grow up and move out on their own and people grow older, a different standard of life is often sought. For people who are 55 years of age and older, living in a secure and quiet community is important. In addition, communities like Four Seasons of Monmouth Woods provide an opportunity for older individuals to make friendships with people within their same age group.

Just as with this new development, age-restricted communities are centrally located, well-maintained, and secure, which are big attractions for people over the age of 55. These communities are active and in recent years, have become a hot trend for both homebuyers and renters.

Living in a single family home or condominium in this type of community also provides more flexibility and freedom. Because this typically provides a maintenance-free lifestyle, there is little for the resident to do but enjoy the experience. In addition, K. Hovnanian’s developments, as well as others, offer rich amenities right within the community itself, which is highly beneficial for people unable to drive.

Share

Search

Featured Companies

Twitter Feed