My 2015 Goals
While I loathe New Year’s Resolutions, I do find it a very contemplative time of year. For the last few years, I have shared my goals on the now defunct NeuerSpace. In reviewing last year’s goals, I think I did pretty well.
Like everyone else, I want to make more money and lose 10 pounds, but as I was sitting in front of my fireplace last week, I developed the following real goals for 2015:
* Be a greater part of the conversation: There’s an amazing conversation going on regarding our industry, the trends, and the technology and it’s happening right in front of our eyes in places like The News Funnel, Twitter and LinkedIn groups. My goal for 2015 is to participate more, not only by contributing, but also by reading and responding to what others like Duke Long, Michael Beckerman, Jonathan Schultz, and Allen Buchanan have to say.
* CBRE Workplace 360: We recently had some work done in our office and my team worked together in the conference room for two weeks. I look forward to leading the charge in our East Brunswick office as we move to the CBRE Workplace 360 model. I am sure you will be reading about our progress towards the end of the year.
* Be of service: Einstein said, “A life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” I think that’s pretty self-explanatory.
* Provide amazing customer service: I recently called Amazon because I had a problem with an order. The person I spoke to provided amazing customer service with a fast solution and solid information. When I hung up, I was so impressed that I actually said out loud, “I wish I could buy everything from Amazon.” I hope our clients feel the same way about the service we provide.
* Handwritten notes: In the interest of complete disclosure, I stole this from my partner, Matt Wassel, who has been doing this for years. While my handwriting leaves a lot to be desired, I will be mailing one handwritten note each week. Email and texts are great, but there’s something about a handwritten note that is much more personal.
* Read more: The traditional model of actually sitting down and reading a book doesn’t appeal to me. However, I find that there’s so much great content online, whether it’s blogs or articles (Inc. Magazine is a favorite), that there’s always something to read. I just need to do it more!
* Improve: If you aren’t moving forward, you’re moving backwards. I won’t limit my improvement to any specific area of my life, but rather let it be a blanket statement.
Since it takes a village, if anyone reading this feels that they can help me with any of my goals, please feel free to reach out. Similarly, if I can help with yours, let me know!
Wishing you all a happy, healthy, prosperous, and amazing 2015.
By: Jeremy Neuer
Senior Vice President | CBRE
Jeremy Neuer is a Senior Vice President with CBRE in the East Brunswick, NJ office. He specializes in office leasing throughout New Jersey and also represents several large corporations on a national basis.
Email Jeremy: email@example.com
Follow Jeremy on Twitter: @JNeuer19
Follow CBRE NJ on Twitter: @CBRENewJersey
Read more of Jeremy's blog posts on NeuerSpace