Learn about the trends and evolution of retail in downtown areas and central business districts. The panel will take a deep dive into urban planning, development and design as related to retail both on a macro and micro level.
St. Petersburg has been a prime example of a city with a distinct identity working to find the perfect balance of experiential retail, interconnectedness, and the “hip factor.” Find out what makes the best downtown areas tick and how Tampa Bay’s downtowns can attract, engage and retain businesses/professionals through retail and other means.
Other topics will include:
- Emerging downtown retail concepts
- Streetscape activation and downtown transportation
- Balancing local and national tenants in downtown areas
- Hot restaurant concepts and the growth of food retailers
- Growth of other retail sectors (experiential, medical and wellness)
- Potential for redevelopment of Tropicana Field and other downtown sites