Use The News Funnel discount code and get 25% off: 25TNF
Registration, Networking Breakfast & Exhibit Hall Opens
Join us early for the opportunity to enjoy breakfast and network with fellow owners, investors, developers and financiers.
8:45 AM – General Session
Opening Remarks & Property Listings
Michael Fasano, FVP & Regional Manager, Marcus & Millichap
8:55 AM – General Session
The Southeast in a National Context: National Multifamily Market Overview
Hear from John Sebree, Marcus & Millichap’s National Director of multifamily housing, as he brings the latest research on the national multifamily scene and how specific markets in the Southeast compare. John will reveal the results from M&M’s proprietary owner survey, which will tell you what your competitors are planning over the next year. Key benchmarks and planned market activity included in the presentation will help you make decisions going forward.
John Sebree, Vice President/National Director – NMHG, Marcus & Millichap
9:30 AM – General Session
Christopher Leonard, Eastern Regional Director – National Multi Housing Group, Marcus & Millichap
Edward Kobel, President & COO, DeBartolo Development
10:15 AM – Special Presentation
Staying Sharp: What to do when asset prices are too high and deal flow drops off?
Matthew Lester, Chief Executive Officer, Princeton Enterprises
10:30 AM – General Session
Millennials, Boomers, Developers, Oh My! A Deep Dive into the Southeast Construction Boom
Construction & development are booming in the Southeast, but this has caused problems with regard to construction costs. Are we playing a game of musical chairs, or will everyone be a winner?
- What does the development pipeline look like for 2016 / 2017?
- How hungry are investors for new ground-up multifamily or condo projects?
- Which geographic areas are most in need of more apartment housing?
- In what ways is the single-family housing market affecting multi-housing?
- What new amenities are proving to be most effective for tenant attraction?
Nellie Shipley, Partner, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
Mike Bednarski, Principal, Broome Capital
Jay Curran, SVP – Florida & Georgia Multi-family, Crescent Communities,
Brian Metzler, VP – Development, Pollack Shores Real Estate Group
Philip Tague, Chairman, AMLI Development Company
Enjoy a delicious mid-morning snack and refreshments, while mingling and comparing notes with active developers, real estate managers, owners and investors.
11:45 AM – Concurrent Track A
The Road Less Traveled: Value-Add & Submarkets in Georgia and Greater Atlanta
As the market reaches fevered levels, alternative investments are becoming increasingly attractive. Where should investors look for opportunities beyond the obvious?
- What kinds of repositioning opportunities are likely to be most lucrative?
- Beyond simply upgrading kitchens and bathrooms, what value-add strategies are working?
- How do you avoid paying the seller for the upside not yet realized?
- Which submarkets in Atlanta and across Georgia are showing the most promise?
- When should you look beyond multifamily to other property types?
Michael Regan, First Vice President Investments, Marcus & Millichap
Karlton Jackson, CEO, JMG Realty
Peter Fitzgerald, Partner, Radco
Andrew Schwarz, Founder & CEO, Audubon Communities
Tony Whitaker, President, FSI Construction
Jerry Wilkinson, Founder & Chairman, The Wilkinson Companies
11:45 AM – Concurrent Track B
Of Hurricanes and Panthers: Opportunities & Activity in the Carolinas
Once considered to be overdeveloped, recent research shows that the Carolinas are increasingly attractive versus Atlanta-area investment opportunities. Come hear from active multifamily developers and investors regarding deals they are completing and pursuing in the Carolinas.
- Which towns and cities show the most promise?
- Who are the most active players to watch and what can we learn from their activity?
- How do the Carolinas stack up against opportunities elsewhere?
- What are the economic drivers locally and where are the potential pitfalls?
Hal Kern, Senior Associate, Marcus & Millichap
William Egan, Partner, JDavis
Daniel Eller, President & CEO, Eller Capital Partners
Curtis Walker, Acquisitions Director, Wood Partners
Scott Wilkerson, Chief Operating Officer, Ginkgo Residential
12:35 PM – Concurrent Track A
Shifting Sands: Changing Appetites among Capital Sources for Multifamily Deals & Projects across the Southeast
Nationally, private equity is becoming increasingly scarce for new deals, and alternate sources of capital, especially from overseas are stepping in to fill the gap. How is this playing out in the Southeast?
- How is the profile of today’s multifamily equity investor changing?
- In what ways are terms changing versus 12 or 24 months ago?
- Which lenders are becoming more active? Which are becoming more risk averse?
- What types of deals are more attractive to investors today and which are waning?
- How do interest rate changes affect capital sourcing going forward?
Richard Lechtman, VP & Regional Director, Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation
Patrick Carroll, Founder & CEO, Carroll Organization
Byron Cocke, Founding Principal & Co-CEO, Cocke Finkelstein
John Isakson, Chief Capital Officer, Preferred Apartment Communities
Chris Riley, Managing Director-Asset Management, GreyStar
Arthur Weissman, Head – Sales & Business Development, WealthForge
Charles Williams, Senior Vice President, KeyBank Real Estate Capital
12:35 PM – Concurrent Track B
People, Machines & Buildings: Property Management Challenges & Successes
A lot of new properties have come on line, and new technology initiatives abound, but the pool of trained property professionals has not kept pace. What are top operations executives doing to attract talent, upgrade their infrastructure and improve the bottom line?
- Other than poaching from your competitors, what are the top sources of talent?
- What is your firm doing to train, re-train and retain property professionals?
- Which new technology initiatives are you rolling out in 2016?
- Where are you finding the best bang for the buck on tenant attraction?
- In terms of retrofits and upgrades, where are you investing your dollars today?
Mark Rutledge, President & CEO, WRH Realty Services
Chris Burns, Regional VP – Southeast Region, Lincoln Property Company
Bob Hansen, Vice President, Pet & Playground Products
Greg Mark, SVP – Operations, Pinnacle
Derek Matson, VP – National Accounts, Valet Waste
Susan Passmore, Executive Vice President, Blue Ridge Companies
LuAnne Acton Ross, Partner/Executive Vice President, JMG Realty
Recharge with a delicious and healthy lunch while networking with the Southeast’s most active commercial real estate owners, investors and developers. Contact the organizers for a kosher meal.
1:35 PM – Lunch Workshop
Maximize ROI & Increase Cap Rates: Specialty Tax Credits & Energy Incentives
Michael D’Onofrio, Managing Director, Engineered Tax Services
2:15 PM – General Session
Special Presentation: A BeltLine Runs Through It
A special presentation on the Atlanta BeltLine and the effects on nearby real estate.
Stacy Patton, Real Estate Director, Atlanta BeltLine
2:30 PM – General Session
The Battle for Residents: Accelerated Leasing Strategies Every Owner Should Know
Rick Burkhalter, President, Sales Inc.
2:40 PM – General Session
Alan Dean, Region President, Terwilliger Pappas
Ron Terwilliger, Chairman, Terwilliger Pappas
Refreshments & Networking
Stick around to enjoy the post-event cocktail reception while mingling with the area’s most successful real estate principals.