8:00 – AM Exhibit Hall & Dining Area
Registration, Networking Breakfast & Exhibit Hall Opens
Join us early for the opportunity to enjoy breakfast and network with fellow owners, investors, developers and financiers.
8:45 AM – General Session
9:00 AM – General Session
- John Sebree, VP/National Director – NMHG, Marcus & Millichap
9:30 AM – General Session
Why and When to Use Hard Money
- Billy Meyer, Senior Vice President, Columbia Pacific Advisors
9:40 AM – General Session
- Michael Covarrubias, Chairman & CEO, TMG Partners, Chairman, Bay Area Council
10:10 AM – General Session
Welcome to the Neighborhood: A New Development Power Panel
Hear from the developers, owners, and investors behind the Bay Area’s newest multifamily projects.
- David Mugmon, Partner, Seiler
- Strachan Forgan, Design Principal, Solomon Cordwell Buenz
- Mark MacDonald, Principal, DM Development
- Katie O’Brien, VP – Development, Build Inc.
- Steve O’Connell, SVP – Development, Grosvenor
- Meg Spriggs, Managing Director – Multifamily Investments Group, Shorenstein
11:00 AM – 30-minute Networking Break
Enjoy a delicious mid-morning snack and refreshments, while mingling and comparing notes with active developers, real estate managers, owners and investors.
11:30 AM – Concurrent Track A
Rehabilitation and Repositioning: Adding Value to Your Acquisitions
Investors’ appetites for B and C assets continue to grow as tenant demand for Class A properties rises. Find out which markets have the best rehab opportunities, the most effective repositioning techniques for pushing rental rates, and where the best deals in the market are now.
- Paul Niewiadomski, Partner, Lubin Olson & Niewiadomski
- Charles Barr, President, Webpass
- Jamie D’Alessandro, Principal, Windy Hill Property Ventures
- Mark Putney, Partner, MNM
- Tod Spieker, President, Spieker Companies
- Eric Tao, President/CEO, AGI Avant, Inc.
11:30 AM – Concurrent Track B
Rent Control and Affordable Housing
As rents rise and neighborhood demographics shift, questions arise as to who can afford to live in the Bay Area. This panel explores issues of affordability, including the factors at play in driving rental rates and an exploration of ways to mitigate these trends.
- Stan Jones, EVP – Investments, Institutional Property Advisors
- Jack Gardner, President & CEO, The John Stewart Company
- Richard Hannum, CEO & Founder, Forge Land Company
- Joshua Howard, SVP – Local Public Affairs, California Apartment Association
- Katie Lamont, Director – Housing Development, Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation
- Cynthia Parker, President & CEO, BRIDGE Housing
12:20 PM – Concurrent Track A
Money Matters: Debt, Equity, and Financing
Though many local players have their own investment funds, many rely on third party equity. These players are determining whether projects get built or bought. In this panel, hear from those who are using smart strategies to raise capital for new projects.
- William Hughes, Senior Vice President, Marcus & Millichap Capital Corp.
- J. Scott Croul, Managing Regional Director – Western Region, Freddie Mac
- Jason Pendergist, Chief Lending Officer, Luther Burbank Savings
- Jake Roberts, First Vice President Capital Markets, Institutional Property Advisors
- Elliot Shirwo, Executive Vice President, Bolour Associates
12:20 PM – Concurrent Track B
Maximizing Performance: Asset and Property Management
As tenant demand for amenities rises, it’s imperative to keep buildings operating at peak performance. In this session, top property and asset managers will discuss the best tools and technologies for eliminating management problems, generating ancillary income, and cutting costs. Find out which amenities and ancillary services are most effective at boosting the bottom line and attracting and retaining residents.
- Christopher Leonard, Regional Director – National Multi Housing Group, Marcus & Millichap Capital Corp.
- John Burkart, Senior Executive Vice President, Essex Property Trust
- Terry O’Day, Vice President, NRG EV Services
- Aaron Reuter, Director – Asset Management, Gerding Edlen
- Charles Schoneau, Managing Director, Insurent
- Jay Standish, Co-Founder, Open Door Development
1:00 PM – Exhibit Hall & Dining Area
Recharge with a delicious and healthy lunch while networking with the Bay Area’s most active multifamily owners, investors and developers. Contact the organizers for a kosher meal.
1:15 PM – 1:45 PM – Lunch Workshop
Maximize ROI & Increase Cap Rates: Specialty Tax Credits & Energy Incentives
Engineered Tax Services
2:15 PM – Chasing Yield: Where to Invest Next
In the Bay Area’s overheated market, investors are hungry for opportunities beyond San Francisco. Learn where top developers and investors are chasing yield in Oakland and the East Bay, Santa Clara and the Peninsula, the North Bay, and beyond.
- Adam Levin, First Vice President Investments, Marcus & Millichap
- Luis Belmonte, Partner, Seven Hills Properties
- Dirk Hallemeier, Managing Director & President, MacFarlane Partners
- Randall Miller, President, Nautilus Group
- Bill Schrader, Owner, The Austin Group
- Ernesto Vasquez, Partner, SVA Architects
3:15 PM – Afternoon Keynote
- Oz Erickson, Chairman, Emerald Fund
4:00 PM – Exhibit Hall & Dining Area
Refreshments & Networking
Stick around to enjoy the post-event cocktail reception while mingling with the area’s most successful real estate principals.