USE 25TNF FOR 25% DISCOUNT AT CHECKOUT
8:00 AM – Registration, Networking Breakfast & Exhibit Hall Opens
Join us early for the opportunity to enjoy breakfast and network with fellow owners, investors, developers and financiers.
8:40 AM – Multifamily State of the Market: National vs. Midwest Markets
John Chang, FVP – Research Services, Marcus & Millichap
9:10 AM – Morning Keynote
Christopher Kennedy, Chairman, Joseph P. Kennedy Enterprises
9:40 AM – General Session
A View from the Top: State of the Market Update from Chicago’s Biggest Deal Makers
As the Chicago multifamily market enters a time of uncertainty, developers are taking stock and looking for how they can still stay ahead. With new development ordinances in place and potential glut of new units coming to market, is it time to start panicking or is there still room to grow? Hear from leading Chicago players about the state of the market and what they see emerging in the near future. Benefit from these leading experts as they shed light on current issues including:
- Supply over construction: What are developers doing to sustain rent growth?
- How will the new TOD and affordable housing rules affect the market?
- Where are developers looking for the next great location?
- Keeping up with the Joneses: How to get your amenities on point?
- Go big or go home: What big projects are coming to market?
Steve Rachman, Regional Manager, Marcus & Millichap, Managing Broker
Steven Fifield, Chairman & CEO, Fifield Realty
Patrick FitzGerald, Managing Principal, FitzGerald Associates Architects
Steven Ginsberg, Attorney, Ginsberg Jacobs
Kevin Hites, Chief Investment Officer, The John Buck Company
Jim Letchinger, President, JDL Development
Mark Stern, SVP – Multifamily Investments, Waterton Residential
10:30 AM – Networking Break
11:00 AM – Concurrent Track A
When the Money Talks You Should Listen: A Capital & Investment Roundtable
As land prices and the cost of construction increase, what kind of capital is available today? Hear from local players about the kind of equity they’re seeing, the opportunities that capital is most likely to chase and how the capital markets are faring in this uncertain market. Hear insight on:
- What is the state of the equity market in terms of deal size?
- What kind of capital is chasing the most deals and in what submarkets?
- Where are the risk premiums in this market, and at what terms can investors borrow?
- Rates are going up. Now what?
- Where do investors feel the best opportunities still are?
- When do the investors think the market will be oversaturated?
- What does the rise of lending in the equity market mean for you?
Jeff Allen, VP – U.S. Commercial Real Estate, BMO Harris Bank
Ann Atkinson, Director – Multifamily, Fannie Mae
Jay Eisner, Partner, LEM Capital
Sarang Peruri, Principal, Oxford Capital Group
David Scherer, Principal, Origin Capital Partners
11:00 AM – Concurrent Track B
Suburban Urbanization: How the Real Estate Market is Redefining the Suburbs
Contrary to popular opinion the suburbs aren’t dead. In fact, most are growing and adapting fast. As Millennials get older, how are developers planning for their eventual return to the “‘burbs”? This panel will address key questions such as:
- How can developers “re-invent” the suburbs?
- Where are the opportunities?
- How important is “walkability” for future projects?
- “Millennial-Proofing”: What are developers doing to retain their prized tenants as they get older?
- When will investors take notice?
Tim Anderson, President & Owner, Focus Development
Jeff Benach, Principal, Lexington Homes
Brian Hoffman, Vice Chairman & CFO, Red Seal Homes
Matt Nix, Principal, REVA Development Partners
11:50 AM – Concurrent Track A
The Next Big Thing: Emerging Neighborhoods
Whether it’s the Motorway, the South Loop or The Milwaukee Corridor, multifamily investors are increasingly aware of the need to explore opportunities in new submarkets, both geographically and demographically. The key, however, is identifying which markets are just beginning to emerge and, therefore, represent the greatest upside potential. Hear from those in the trenches about the target markets where they see the greatest opportunities.
- Where is the next “big thing”?
- What will the new TOD rules do to help grow new neighborhoods?
- What makes a neighborhood truly up-and-coming?
- Who are the players and capital sources for these deals?
- How should occupancy rates affect your “DMP”?
John Abell, Managing Partner, Crayton Advisors
Marty Paris, President, Sedgwick Development
Milan Rubenstein, Founder & Partner, Windy City RE
11:50 AM – Concurrent Track B
A Multifamily Alternative: Seniors Housing
As more residents head into retirement, the need for health care services and facilities is likely to grow. Investments in properties like seniors assisted living facilities could thus emerge as an interesting new market sector. This panel, featuring seniors housing investment and development experts will look to answer key segment questions including:
- Where are senior housing investments heading?
- How will an aging U.S. population affect real estate?
- When do investors anticipate higher revenue from senior living apartments?
Joshua Jandris, Senior Director, Institutional Property Advisors,
David Block, Director – Development of VeriGreen, Evergreen Real Estate Services
Mark Burkemper, Senior Vice President, Harrison Street Real Estate Capital
Philip Kayden, Senior Investment Officer, Ventas
Kevin McCollum, Executive Vice President, Heritage Senior Living
12:40 PM – Networking Lunch
1:00 – 1:30 PM – Lunch Workshop: Maximize ROI & Increase Cap Rates: Specialty Tax Credits & Energy Incentives
Michael D’Onofrio, Managing Director, Engineered Tax Services
1:50 PM – General Session
Ahead of the Curve: A Residential Innovators Power Panel
“Chicago’s Finest” is a term not often used in real estate; however, the city does have its share of outstanding real estate innovators. Whether it is mastering adaptive reuse, discovering the city’s next great neighborhood, or getting the best amenities in place or developing outstanding condos, it takes a special set of skills to lead the pack. This panel will bring together Chicago’s most exciting players to discuss best practices and shed light on what makes them truly “innovators” in their field.
Steven Weinstock, First VP & Regional Manager, Marcus & Millichap
Randy Fifield, Principal, Fifield Realty
Aaron Galvin, Managing Broker & Owner, Luxury Living Chicago Realty
Shawn Handrahan, President & CEO, Valet Waste
Alan Lev, President & CEO, Belgravia Group
David Ruttenberg, Principal & Director – Acquisitions & Finance, Marc Realty
Alex Samoylovich, Chief Executive Officer, Cedar Street
2:35 PM – Afternoon Keynote: Francis Greenburger, Chairman of Time Equities
Francis Greenburger, Chairman & CEO, Time Equities
3:00 PM – Refreshments & Networking
Stick around to enjoy the post-event cocktail reception while mingling with the area’s most successful real estate principals.