The Symposium is an opportunity for owners to learn about legal, government and regulatory updates as well as to raise questions and concerns. Property owners will be able to meet and greet hundreds of other owners from around the City.
Here's a look at what you'll learn:
A panel of landlords--whose portfolio sizes range from 16 units to over 1000 units--discuss the case for continued reinvestment in one’s own properties. From small cosmetic upgrades to major renovations, the panel will discuss why giving up some cashflow now, and plowing that money back into what you already own, is a sure path to wealth generation over the long run
- Increasing the Value of Your Building Through Reinvestment
Is it better to include multiple tenants on a lease in a roommate situation? Or just one tenant? How enforceable is a No Pet Option? Should you have an Attorney’s Fees Clause in your lease..Think again! Prevent Illegal Short Term Leasing via your lease language!
- What's Missing in Your Multifamily Lease
- Department of Buildings Changes you Need to Know
The DOB recently made sweeping changes in the midst of the ongoing NYC construction boom and recent incidents. We will review some of the major changes coming down the pipeline this year, and uncover why keeping tabs on DOB construction compliance isn't just for big buildings anymore.
- LandlordsNY LIVE! Forum Discussion
For every landlord scratching his or her head over a question or problem, there is another landlord who has experienced that same problem and has the solution. LandlordsNY connects the two! Panelists are landlords of varying portfolio size and experience for two interactive sessions to discuss tangible, practical, applicable advice with plenty of time for audience questions. Topics Include:
- Learn Tips for Screening Prospective Tenants in the Digital Age
- How to Rent Empty Apartments
- Leveraging Technology for Multifamily Management
- Smoothing cultural and personality divides between building staff and building personnel.
- Managing expectations in high end buildings and coops.
- Bedbugs! The practical, realistic scoop on getting rid of them, and how they have changed the culture of buildings.
- Managing for foreign (or absentee) investors.
- Certificates of insurance for your commercial tenants.
Tickets are just $79 - this includes gourmet Kosher breakfast, yogurt bar, coffee and appetizers.
Two $1,000 Amazon cards, computers, and security system from CCTV will be given away at 1:30pm in a raffle.